POSTED ON: APRIL 8, 2022 - 12:25PM
As we enter spring break, I want everyone to take some time next week to rest/relax and spend quality time with their family. As we enter warmer weather days, we are hoping that spring break will be the needed break for our students, so they come back to school on the 18th rejuvenated and ready to learn for the rest of the school year. Please take some time to review these important messages:
1) For the week 4/4-4/8 we had 7 positive Covid cases.
2) School is closed for spring break 4/11-4/15.
3) As a school our goal was to start making a transition back into the lunch room after spring break in some capacity. Unfortunately, our Covid numbers for the school have increased for the last two weeks (7 last week, and 7 this week). With us going into spring break, I feel it may be best not to initiate this change on the 18th; but rather look towards the 25th as a target date to start (contingent on Covid numbers when we return from spring break). Once we come back from spring break I will be sending out a follow up communication in regards to the new date to make this adjustment, along with more specifics on the plan.
From the Superintendent:
We are pleased to announce that we have determined a date for our 5th and 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies. Our 5th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 17, 2022 and our 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Monday, June 20, 2022. You will receive additional information from your child’s school.
Official Last Day of School
The official final day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Please be reminded that the final 3 days of school (June 17, 20, 21) are all half days for students.
School Climate Survey Coming
We are gearing up to distribute our school climate surveys for you to provide feedback on Stamford Public Schools. The annual school climate survey will be shared on Monday, April 25 and will remain open for responses until Sunday, May 8. We are excited to be using a new platform for our school climate survey this year through an organization called Panorama. Please be on the lookout for upcoming announcements in the coming weeks. The school climate survey will collect information from students in grades 3-12, staff, and families.
Have a great break!
It is hard to believe that we have come to the end of the school year. Although this year had many challenges, I feel it was a very successful one. We have truly enjoyed having your children this year, and we hope they had a great 21-22 school year at Northeast. I hope everyone has time this summer to enjoy the outdoors and spend time with family. Take time to recharge, before you know it we will be back on August 29th for the first day of school for the 22-23 school year. Here are some important announcements:
1) Report cards are now available on the parent portal.
2) Class placements for the 22-23 school year will come out in the first few weeks of August.
3) If you are changing schools or moving out of the area, please make sure to contact the school to let us know.
4) Northeast is hosting summer school this year. If you have summer school questions please contact:
5) If you have Northeast related questions (or registration questions) please contact:
NE Main Office:
6) If you have not ordered school supplies for next year, here is the information on how to order it: https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/northeast-elementary-school/news/order-your-school-supplies-next-year-now
7) Here is the 22-23 school year calendar: https://www.stamfordpublicschools.org/district/board-education/files/school-calendar-2022-2023
I want to personally thank all of the families that have helped support the school this year. We appreciate all you do for the school and the support you give to the students at Northeast.
Have a great summer!
Dr. Shawn Marinello
Northeast Elementary School