POSTED ON: APRIL 8, 2022 - 12:25PM
As we enter spring break, I want everyone to take some time next week to rest/relax and spend quality time with their family. As we enter warmer weather days, we are hoping that spring break will be the needed break for our students, so they come back to school on the 18th rejuvenated and ready to learn for the rest of the school year. Please take some time to review these important messages:
1) For the week 4/4-4/8 we had 7 positive Covid cases.
2) School is closed for spring break 4/11-4/15.
3) As a school our goal was to start making a transition back into the lunch room after spring break in some capacity. Unfortunately, our Covid numbers for the school have increased for the last two weeks (7 last week, and 7 this week). With us going into spring break, I feel it may be best not to initiate this change on the 18th; but rather look towards the 25th as a target date to start (contingent on Covid numbers when we return from spring break). Once we come back from spring break I will be sending out a follow up communication in regards to the new date to make this adjustment, along with more specifics on the plan.
From the Superintendent:
We are pleased to announce that we have determined a date for our 5th and 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies. Our 5th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 17, 2022 and our 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Monday, June 20, 2022. You will receive additional information from your child’s school.
Official Last Day of School
The official final day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Please be reminded that the final 3 days of school (June 17, 20, 21) are all half days for students.
School Climate Survey Coming
We are gearing up to distribute our school climate surveys for you to provide feedback on Stamford Public Schools. The annual school climate survey will be shared on Monday, April 25 and will remain open for responses until Sunday, May 8. We are excited to be using a new platform for our school climate survey this year through an organization called Panorama. Please be on the lookout for upcoming announcements in the coming weeks. The school climate survey will collect information from students in grades 3-12, staff, and families.
Have a great break!
It has been an exciting first week here at Northeast. I hope all of your children enjoyed the week and are ready for an amazing year of fun and learning. Here is some important information:
1) Parents please complete all of the forms in your child's parent portal. Until they are all complete they cannot use any school technology. Please see the attached directions or email email@example.com or Emely Medina at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
2) Please make sure if you are picking up your child from parent pickup that you have a sign with your child’s name and grade level.
3) No school September 5th for Labor Day.
4) The cut-off time for early pick up is 1:30.
5) The book fair is running from Sept 19th-Sept 23rd. (More information will be sent out next week.)
6) If you haven’t already, please take time to check out our PTO website. https://northeastpto.digitalpto.com/
From the Superintendent:
First View Bus Tracking App
We are excited to continue to provide the ability for parents to track students' buses via the First View app! Please note that tracking may be unavailable or unreliable during the first few weeks of school due to changes to bus routes that occur during that time.
For information on how to access and use the app, please visit the SPS Transportation page: Transportation - Stamford Public Schools.
Safe School Reopening Plan
Please click here to review the safe school reopening plan that provides health and safety measures in place and other pertinent information for teachers, staff, and families. Please contact your building administrator to answer and clarify any questions you may have.
Have a great weekend!