POSTED ON: APRIL 8, 2022 - 12:25PM
As we enter spring break, I want everyone to take some time next week to rest/relax and spend quality time with their family. As we enter warmer weather days, we are hoping that spring break will be the needed break for our students, so they come back to school on the 18th rejuvenated and ready to learn for the rest of the school year. Please take some time to review these important messages:
1) For the week 4/4-4/8 we had 7 positive Covid cases.
2) School is closed for spring break 4/11-4/15.
3) As a school our goal was to start making a transition back into the lunch room after spring break in some capacity. Unfortunately, our Covid numbers for the school have increased for the last two weeks (7 last week, and 7 this week). With us going into spring break, I feel it may be best not to initiate this change on the 18th; but rather look towards the 25th as a target date to start (contingent on Covid numbers when we return from spring break). Once we come back from spring break I will be sending out a follow up communication in regards to the new date to make this adjustment, along with more specifics on the plan.
From the Superintendent:
We are pleased to announce that we have determined a date for our 5th and 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies. Our 5th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 17, 2022 and our 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Monday, June 20, 2022. You will receive additional information from your child’s school.
Official Last Day of School
The official final day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Please be reminded that the final 3 days of school (June 17, 20, 21) are all half days for students.
School Climate Survey Coming
We are gearing up to distribute our school climate surveys for you to provide feedback on Stamford Public Schools. The annual school climate survey will be shared on Monday, April 25 and will remain open for responses until Sunday, May 8. We are excited to be using a new platform for our school climate survey this year through an organization called Panorama. Please be on the lookout for upcoming announcements in the coming weeks. The school climate survey will collect information from students in grades 3-12, staff, and families.
Have a great break!
It is hard to believe we are already two weeks into the school year. I hope your children have been enjoying coming to school each day, and are getting back into the swing of the school year schedule. It has been great having all of the children back in the building!
Here are some important messages:
1) As a reminder the book fair is running next week (9/19-9/23) during the school day. If you have any questions about when your child is going to the book fair, please reach out to your child’s classroom teacher. On the 14th, there will be a family night from 6-7:30 supporting the book fair (https://northeastpto.digitalpto.com/2022/09/06/family-night-at-the-book-fair-with-kona-ice/).
2) Elementary Open House is September 29th. A more detailed schedule will be sent out next week.
3) September 26-27th there is no school and the 28th is an early release day.
4) For the week of 9/5-9/9 there were 2 positive Covid cases.
5) Mrs. Christian, our Technology Integration Support Specialist is starting her new job at the district level on Monday. Although we are excited for this opportunity for her, we will miss her here at Northeast. Our new TISS (Emily Fields) will be starting on 9/22. Once she comes on board she will send out more information to introduce herself to the community.
From the Superintendent:
Free and Reduced Price Lunch Applications
Please be aware that Stamford Public Schools was approved to provide free breakfast and lunch to all students for the 2022-2023 school year. No application is required to participate in the meal program. However, families who wish to have a letter from Stamford Public Schools in order to prove eligibility for a reduction in fees for camps, exams, or other such services should complete the Household Income Survey, which can be found here.
Have a great weekend!