POSTED ON: APRIL 8, 2022 - 12:25PM
As we enter spring break, I want everyone to take some time next week to rest/relax and spend quality time with their family. As we enter warmer weather days, we are hoping that spring break will be the needed break for our students, so they come back to school on the 18th rejuvenated and ready to learn for the rest of the school year. Please take some time to review these important messages:
1) For the week 4/4-4/8 we had 7 positive Covid cases.
2) School is closed for spring break 4/11-4/15.
3) As a school our goal was to start making a transition back into the lunch room after spring break in some capacity. Unfortunately, our Covid numbers for the school have increased for the last two weeks (7 last week, and 7 this week). With us going into spring break, I feel it may be best not to initiate this change on the 18th; but rather look towards the 25th as a target date to start (contingent on Covid numbers when we return from spring break). Once we come back from spring break I will be sending out a follow up communication in regards to the new date to make this adjustment, along with more specifics on the plan.
From the Superintendent:
We are pleased to announce that we have determined a date for our 5th and 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies. Our 5th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Friday, June 17, 2022 and our 8th Grade Moving-Up Ceremonies will be held on Monday, June 20, 2022. You will receive additional information from your child’s school.
Official Last Day of School
The official final day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, June 21, 2022. Please be reminded that the final 3 days of school (June 17, 20, 21) are all half days for students.
School Climate Survey Coming
We are gearing up to distribute our school climate surveys for you to provide feedback on Stamford Public Schools. The annual school climate survey will be shared on Monday, April 25 and will remain open for responses until Sunday, May 8. We are excited to be using a new platform for our school climate survey this year through an organization called Panorama. Please be on the lookout for upcoming announcements in the coming weeks. The school climate survey will collect information from students in grades 3-12, staff, and families.
Have a great break!
Dear Incoming K Families,
We hope you are having a nice summer. Here is information about school supplies and Kindergarten Play Dates that are sponsored by the PTO:
1) School Supplies: (Sent last week, but see info below)
Northeast Elementary School is partnering with Bright SchoolKitz® to provide school supplies to match your teacher’s wish list. All classroom teachers in each grade level will have the same supply lists for the 2022-2023 school year. So you can order BEFORE classroom placements are announced. Order now and eliminate the back-to-school shopping hassle. Orders should be placed at least 2 weeks before school starts to ensure on time delivery.
Kits are filled with brand names (Crayola, Elmer’s, etc.) and quality products that are competitively priced with local and large retailers. All kits are designed to be shipped to your home. Please use the following link to shop from our PTO website https://northeastpto.digitalpto.com/school-supplies/ **Grade level supply lists can also be viewed at the Bright School Kits website.**
If you would like to donate towards purchasing kits for Northeast students, the option is available in the “add-ons” section after adding a kit to your cart.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 1-844-937-5489.
2) Kindergarten Play Dates (playground area at Northeast). If you are able to, feel free to stop by on any of these dates to meet other incoming kindergarten families:
Saturday, August 6th at 10:00 am
Wednesday, August 10th at 4:00 pm
Saturday, August 13th at 10:00 am
Monday, August 22nd at 10:00 am
If you have any questions please feel free to call the school.